Sophie and I returned to Wichita, KS for New Years Eve. Most of the family was able to make it and visit. It was nice to see everyone again and to have some time to relax as well before I returned to work and Sophie returned to school. Here are some of the highlights:
1. Seeing Family
2. Sophie got a big wheel from Grammy & Pa Pa for Christmas.
3. Got piggyback rides and coloring tips from Uncle Britt
4. Carmel apples for breakfast with Aunt Suzi
5. Potting plants with Grammy in PJs
7. Talking to Uncle Nick on the phone (no picture for this one)
8. Altering story time to make Curious George really about drug trafficking with Gerald and Suzi.
9. Playing Train with Elizabeth and Britt
10. And at the end of the party, Sophie and her grandparents falling asleep while watching a movie.
Thanks all for the memories and family time! Love you!
Saturday, December 31, 2011
Mom and Dad recently acquired a new dog with the help of Elizabeth. Her name is Poppy. Sophie loves Poppy and Poppy loved the attention Sophie gave her. Sophie made sure Poppy had a pillow, blanket, toys, and dog treat so they could take a nap together by the front door.
Friday, December 30, 2011
Again, it's time for that annual disappointment- a review of last years resolutions (2011) and an attempt to make better ones for the new year (2012). Here is a review of what I planned to do in 2011:
1. Complete all 5 Levels of Spanish. FAIL! Absolutely forgot to do Rosetta Stone and have not picked up the software since leaving Arkansas. Epic failure.
2. Get a Teaching Job in Texas! Again.... fail. I completed certification for all subjects in middle school and high school social sciences, but due to budget cuts, no matter the amount of resumes and job fairs I attended I did not get a teaching job. :(
3. Visit Galveston or the Gulf of Mexico. We didn't go to Galveston, but we did visit the Gulf of Mexico. We went to Corpus Christi, Padre Island, and Rockport! Hurray... one I can check as successful!
4. Try (again) reading to Sophie, this time perhaps maybe 3-4 days a week. Eh.... not quite. Good effort, but not quite.
5. Take Sophie and do one sport or activity Sophie's school has some time set out each week for gymnastics.... does it count? Otherwise.... nope.
6. Save money. If I had to guess... I'd say nope. You'd have to ask the husband.... he controls the finances.
7. Lose 20 lbs. HA! Epic failure. And I pregnant so that won't be happening anytime soon either.
8. Don't break my laptop! Ok... so the mouse pad below the keyboard has issues. Oh and the battery is failing. I don't consider this 100% my fault, but needless to say I need to send in my laptop... AGAIN.
Now that we've addressed epic failure in the area of 2012, let's hope for better things in the following year. Or at least more dedication.
1. Have a baby in 2012. This one has a decent chance of happening since I'm in the 2nd trimester.
2. Complete all 5 levels of Spanish. Let's give this one a try again. I really want to finish Spanish, because I really want to start Russian or Mandarin.
3. Try to get a Texas Teaching Job. Again.... economy and state budget cuts... please don't let me down again.
4. After baby, work out AT LEAST once a week at the gym. We've got a membership... so come on motivation!
5. Help Brian to graduate with his MBA in 2012. I know.... I have little to help with regarding the classes and homework, but at least I can be supportive and perhaps not complain so much by picking up the extra load with kiddos.
6. Figure out our next stop. Brian finishes his OLDP rotations this year and his MBA (hopefully), so.... do we stay or do we go? Personally... I've been bugging him for an international assignment. But I'd like to have things figured out before the end of this year, what our future will look like.. even if it is just for another 2 years.
7. Attempt to keep our cars running! I need to be more cognizant about our cars (listening to sounds, checking oil & tire pressure, etc...) so we can hopefully keep our 2 cars going through the year... thus preventing us from trying to make a decision on a new car.
8. Plan a trip out of state or preferably out of country. Not saying we need to go or do anything this year vacation-wise since I'll be as big as a blimp, but I'd like to plan a very nice vacation for Brian and I for 2013.
This year (2011) hasn't been bad at all, we've done lots of neat and fun things. And we both have jobs that pay very well. I just really missed the mark on my new year resolutions. I'm hoping that next year (2012) I'll be more on target and I know that we can already expect lots of wonderful changes for our family as well.
Hopefully everyone was able to find something positive about 2011, and I pray that more blessings come your way in 2012. Here is to hope.