Friday, March 16, 2012

Coaster Changes



Along with the new buffet, I found on Pintrest a neat idea for coasters. It was super cheap. It just involved leftover or on sale ceramic tiles, paint, stencils, and those sticky fabric things you put on the bottom of chair legs.

And I figured since I've either gone crazy, carrying too much testosterone, or am beginning 'nesting' early... why not just update the rest of the living room?

So, basically you wipe clean your ceramic tiles and let them dry. Then I took Martha Stewart Etching Frost and mixed it with some blue acrylic paint. And then applied the stencils to make various patterns on the coasters.

After letting them dry. I carefully cleaned them with water allowing some paint to come off to give them an antique effect.

Then I dried them off... and placed 4 of those sticky chair things to the bottom of them.

And ta-da... new coasters.


Definitely works much better than our previous coasters-

Now that this project is done, I've already got another one lined up and ready to go. (My husband just shudders at reading this). And when I get that project done, I've got 2 more project ideas- one being pillow cases and the other being a storage bench for toys.

But first.... here is a clue as to what my next project is:

No comments:

Post a Comment