Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sophie on Baby Brother

Today, I find Sophie on the floor with tears and red splotches are her face from crying. Here is how the conversation ensues...

Mommy: Sophie what is wrong why are you crying?
Sophie: I don't want to wear a white dress to Kansas
M: Why not?
S: Because Ashley got a pink dress.
M: Yes, and you have pink dresses too. You know you can wear a pink dress too.
S: No... I want to wear my white dress cause it's beautiful.
M: Ok. We can wear the white dress.
S: And baby brother needs to wear a yellow dress.
M: Well baby brother isn't here yet so we can't put him in anything yet.
S: Yes he is (pretends to grab her baby brother from my bellybutton)
S: See, here he is. (holds out the palm of her hand)
M: Oh honey, that's not baby brother. Baby brother will come and you will know it, but he's just not ready yet.
S: Yes he is out.
M: No sweetie he's not.
S: He's gone mommy 'cause your belly button looks funny. He's not there anymore.
M: Yes, he's still here I promise. And before you know he'll be here and we'll get him from the hospital.
S: (Sophie continues her crying)
M: What's wrong honey? Hey... Mommy and Daddy are thinking of naming your baby brother Connor. Do you like that name?
S: Mom, Connor hit me.
M: Oh do you have a Connor at school who hit you?
S: I don't like that name.
M: Oh yeah... and what name would you like?
S: I want Baby Brother Oney.
M: You want his name to be baby brother?
S: Hmm... or Tinkerbell Oney. I like Tinkerbell Oney.
M: What about Jack Oney, do you like Jack Oney.
S: Jack Silvermist Oney. Silvermist Oney.
M: Think we should let you look at the names so you can voice your opinion?
S: Tinkerbell Oney!

(If Sophie had her way that little boy would receive no end to teasing and grief from his big sister... even if she does has the best intentions)

No comments:

Post a Comment