Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Early August Update

Just a few changes/updates I figured I'd share with everyone since I have some time.

Sophie got some bathtub crayons from her Aunt Suzi and has been decorating the bathroom tile. I will continue to post a few more pictures of her artwork later, so continue to check back for updates.


Sophie and Connor are getting along very well. Sophie loves picking him up from school, picking out his outfit for the following day, and giving him hugs. Connor has recently started smiling... which makes us all smile.


Two weeks ago I returned to work and Connor started attending Ms. Cassie's daycare. It's been good to return to work and Connor really seems to like going to Ms. Cassie's. One time when I picked up Connor another little boy was getting picked up from his father. As we were both leaving, I heard the little boy tell his dad- "Daddy, that's a baby. He's my friend. His name is Connor". So cute!

Recently I joined a "Great Weight Eradication" competition to encourage/motivate me to lose the weight I gained during pregnancy. The hardest part of this is trying to balance losing weight, but still eating enough calories to produce breastmilk.  The competition has been going for 8 days and I've lost 2 lbs. We shall see how things progress for the remaining 7 weeks of the competition.

As I attempt to lose weight, Connor has been taking me for 2 mile power walks most nights of the week. During that time I've really enjoyed our quiet time together.

And the sunsets.


No comments:

Post a Comment