I've decided to scrap the yearly new years resolutions, because honestly they are always pretty much the same... lose weight, figure out the future, create a better future at home/work/school by ___, etc... And while women with more than 2 kids might scoff at this remark- now having 2 kids I really think my life is pretty swamped with to do lists that to try and create resolutions is just laughable. I know... mom's with 3+ kids are laughing at that comment right now.
Replacing this segment I will list my top 10 memorable moments from 2012 (includes all moments good, bad, and ugly)
My Top Ten Moments for 2012
10. The Olympics in London: we took home metals, Michael Phelps (swimmer) broke a record, and we learned all about sex in the Olympic village. (good)
9. Felix Baumgartner free fall- drops 24 miles from the earth to break sound barrier and make a world record (yawn... oh... um.. good)
8. Obama wins a 2nd term- 1/2 the population happy, the other 1/2 ticked off. (plead the 5th)
7. Syria bombs their own civilians- 3/4ths of Syrians pissed off, the other 1/4 brutalized or killed. And most international countries pissed off and opposed to Assad in Syria... except Russia and China which are making money through this conflict. (ugly)
6. 60 Years- Queen Elizabeth the 2nd of England celebrates 60 years on the throne. I don't think there is a job in this world I'd want to do for 60 years, even being a monarch.(good)
5. Killings in Conneticut- 20 students (ages 6-7) and 6 teachers are murdered by a mentally disturbed 20 year old who also killed his mother before attacking an elementary school. (ugly)
4. Libyan Embassy attacked- however it turns out the U.S. wasn't so innocent on this and likely running a gun trade and having a prison onsite. (bad)
3. Kim Jong-Un celebrates 1 year in power- launches a long range missile satellite and is reported to following the inhumane footsteps of his father and grandfather. Look how he starves his people... aren't his relatives so proud? (bad... bordering on ugly)
2. In Debt- U.S. is multi-trillion in debt, fiscal cliff is here, citizens will pay more in taxes, and Congress/President/government will continue to spend, spend, spend and borrow, borrow, borrow more money. (bad... very very bad... especially for taxpayers... not so bad for those utilizing entitlement programs).
1. Mayan Calendar & the End of the World- predicted the end came on 12/21/12... we are still waiting for it to end. Making this a good thing, since we will now get to enter another year- 2013. (good)
Now for the countdown that really matters (not) the Oney Family 2012 top 5 events of 2012:
5. Oneys get a brand new vehicle
4. Visited Gulf of Mexico for the summer
3. Visited Virginia and family for Thanksgiving
2. Brian graduates from SMU with his MBA
1. Connor Brien Oney is born!
Hope everyone had a good 2012 and I hope that 2013 is just as good or better. Best wishes for the future from the Oney Family.