Here is the top 5 list of my favorite things from this year.
1. Enjoying Connor's one year birthday party at the petting zoo/farm. I love his little smiles, his giggles, and when he tempts me to tickle him.
2. Listening to Sophie read. She's still working on it, but I love listening to her as she reads me a story for a change.
3. The jobs and opportunities God has given us with finding a home, renters, jobs, and career paths.
4. Our vacation to Arizona as well as the family that watched our children so we could enjoy the sights of the great outdoors.
5. All the family and friends we've gathered and continue to have and visit.
We've had a pretty good year and we hope to have a bigger, better year in 2014. Stay tuned.
Tuesday, December 31, 2013
Friday, December 27, 2013
Wednesday, December 25, 2013
The Faus Family supplied the lumber (gingerbread), nails (icing), and other accessories (candy) for the construction of three homes. While the contractors supervised and assisted- Kristen Faus, Brent Faus, and Kayla Oney, the crew worked diligently on the homes and garages- Eli Faus, Henry Faus, and Sophia Oney.
It was fun watching and I think eating the supplies actually was probably one of the better parts of the construction process.
Thanks Faus Family!
Seems like this year we will be abundantly blessed with winter weather. Earlier in December we had ice and some snow in Dallas, and after driving through an ice storm in Oklahoma we got showered with snow in Kansas. Glorious beautiful crisp white snow!