Sunday, August 18, 2013

Family Day at the Dallas Zoo


In celebration of the Dallas Zoo's 125th birthday, admission to the zoo was reduced from the normal adult price of $12 to $5. If you know me, you know I love the zoo. I've gotten family memberships to zoos and many times when we go on trips we often made a stop at a zoo- Omaha, Wichita, Memphis, etc... I'm not sure what it is specifically, but I love seeing different kinds of animals. Like...


Lemurs

Flamingos




Owls


Giraffes






Andean Condors

Monitors


Tortoise





Kangaroos


And other animals. But I think one of the things I like best is that we are learning and discovering things together as a family. We learned that Sophie is almost bigger than an Emperor Penguin, but not quite.

That Connor was enraptured with the birds and tortoises.


That an owls wings allow them to fly silently through the night and often catch large animals like skunks for supper.

Sophie loved the metal animals that were around.



That Dad is infinitely a better navigator than the rest of us.



And that even though it was hot, and sometimes people were fussy or hungry, and others took too long taking pictures, we still enjoy each other.




No comments:

Post a Comment