Every year we, aka- the kids and I, spend hours and sometimes days in the kitchen baking all kinds of cookies. Each year there are some old favorites (gingerbread men, sugar cookies, peanut butter cookies), and usually a few surprises thrown in like chocolate covered potato chips, fudge, etc...
This year I've been a little busy so I'm trying to cram in all this cooking into 1 week.
At least the kids have been ok with it. Lots of free cookie samples for them.
Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe:
3/4 c. creamy peanut butter
1/2 c. Crisco shortening
1 1/4 c. brown sugar
3 Tbsp. milk
3/4 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp. vanilla
1 large egg
1 3/4 c. flour
3/4 tsp. baking soda
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in a bowl and beat at medium speed till blended.
3. Add egg and continue to mix till blended.
4. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt and add to creamed mixture at a low speed.
5. Drop by rounded Tbsp. 2 inches apart on greased baking sheet.
6. Flatten then with a fork into hatch marks #####.
7. Bake 7-8 minutes until set or just beginning to brown
8. Cool 2 minutes then remove cookies onto a cooling rack.
Makes 3 dozen.