Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Bribery Begins Early



So my kids are very helpful. Or they try and be helpful and instead make a mess. Like when they choose to count out my Ziploc bag supply in the kitchen.

Or sweep leaves only to throw them in the air.




Or feed the poor starving dog who isn't starving but just really wants people food. You get the idea.

One thing that Sophia always begs for is McDonalds. And it doesn't help that her school is right next door to a McDonalds! However, genius me decided to negotiate a deal with my 5 year old and 1 year old. If they would help me to gather the leaves (not throw them, not play with them, but trash them), I would so wonderfully purchase Happy Meals for both of them to enjoy AFTER we collected the leaves.

She tried to negotiate, wanting to play with the leaves AFTER sweeping them. She tried to manipulate me into letting them eat BEFORE the work is done. But, wise mom here didn't budge. But kept her word and they eventually kept theirs.




I was hoping to finish collecting and bagging all the leaves in the backyard, but after 1 hour of work outside and 7 bags of leaves, I decided it was time for a break for everyone.

And after playing a little bit after supper, they easily went to sleep (tired from all the work no doubt) that they quickly went to sleep. Well, Sophie took a bit of effort, but less than normal. Yes.... I feel like I've caught on to something here. Well, I did until my husband told me he didn't want the leaves bagged because he was just going to mow over them and use them for the soil. DRAT!

Honey, I love you, but I refuse to empty those 7 bags of leaves back onto the ground. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment