Sunday, April 6, 2014

Honey Corn Muffins


Have to share this information because I made the BEST cornbread muffins ever! These have beat out any cornbread I've ever had. I know this isn't a cooking blog, but I thought there are probably other mom's out there who might enjoy this information. I know my kids sure enjoyed the results.


Honey Corn Muffins
(Recipe was tweaked from original Baked Explorations Cookbook)
2 lg. eggs
1 c. milk
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1 1/4 c yellow cornmeal
1/2 c. honey
3/4 c. flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/4 c. brown sugar
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. I used paper cups instead of spraying muffin pan with cooking spray. 

In medium bowl, whisk eggs. Add milk, vinegar, honey and butter. (Tip- melt butter and honey before hand in the microwave to help it mix better), whisk and set aside.

In large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugars, and salt. make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients, pour wet ingredients into the well and fold the dry into the wet until mixed.

Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full (I think some of mine were more like 5/6). Tap bottom of pan to level the bottom. Bake 12-15 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Transfer to wire rack to cool for 10-15 minutes. 

Serve with butter. Or if you can find it Country Crock has honey butter in some grocery stores and it is amazing. 

Hope y'all enjoy this as much as we did. 


No comments:

Post a Comment