Saturday, November 22, 2014

Around Nashville & a Stop at Centennial Park

Needless to say there are a lot of things you can do in Nashville, particularly if you LOVE country music. We passed CMT headquarters, Grand Ole Opry, and millions of honky tonks. Signs everywhere advertised country stars and their pending arrival for concerts in town as country music blared from many radio stations in the surrounding area.

However, I'm not much of a 'music' person. I'm open to many different genres of music and don't really affiliate myself with one or two music brands, styles, or artists. I'm more simplistic when it comes to music. If I can dance to it.... I usually like it.

My idea of a great trip or sightseeing trip was to see this-



It's an exact replica with the same dimensions as the original found in Greece. It's a replica of what the Parthenon looked like when Athens dominated the Mediterranean. Inside there is even a statue of Athena, which would have been found in the original. We did not get to go inside or even any further than this picture because....

My kids' idea of a great trip was to see this-






Yup, it is the playground right next to the Parthenon. Both which are located in Centennial Park. I had hoped that if they ran enough and played enough, I could convince them to let me check out, walk around, and get great (or better) photographs of the Parthenon.

Nope... apparently I timed this excursion too close to nap time and there was a complete meltdown as a result.

Perhaps next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment