Saturday, February 14, 2015

I (HEART) U


I've never been a huge fan of Valentine's Day. It seems to equate love with a monetary value. Examples: You are loved as much as the value of a small stuffed animal and 6 roses. You are loved MORE than most because your person equated your love with jewelry and an evening dinner out. Or you are NOT loved because you received nothing this holiday.

Hopefully I am not alone in thinking this. Click on the poll on the blog to voice your thoughts.

Yes, we haven't boycotted V-day & yes Sophie did the customary Valentine's Day cards to all the students in school. Also I did something nice for my husband... but we tend to do nice things for each other throughout the year. I think it is important to try and love everyone, but I don't think Valentine's Day focuses on that. If I had my way I think I'd prefer to get rid of V-Day but thats just me.

So this goes out to everyone (known & unknown) from my family to yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment