Sunday, March 29, 2015

Green Gardening


In addition to my week of purging, cleaning, and lessons along with the everyday chaos of the kids, I'm trying my hand at gardening. While I loved the gardens at Monticello, I have a tendency to kill houseplants. So everything I've done has been trial and error. Thankfully Pintrest and multiple online articles are helping educate me along this journey.











As you can also see, we are using a lot of recycling for this process as well. While so far I'm thrilled with how well my plants are progressing, I still don't want to spend a lot of money on this hobby. Which in turn I guess is helping the environment. So win-win. (Brian and I drank a lot of soda to make this project possible).

In my garden I currently have the following alive and thriving: cucumbers, red bell peppers, green onion, green beans, tomatoes, jalepenos, and strawberries. (The strawberries were the only plant I bought, the rest I grew from seeds).

And to help make this instructional as well, the kids have been helping me water the plants, but also measuring them as well. You can see I also added a question: Which plant will grow the most this month? Sophia's hypothesis is green bean and Connor's was green onion.



No comments:

Post a Comment