We are unexpectedly and happily travelling to Alaska this summer! It's always been a state I'd love to visit, but I never thought I'd get a chance to see it in the near future. We aren't going to be taking a cruise (although my in-laws highly recommend an Alaskan cruise), but we will spend most of our time travelling via vehicle and footwear. Since we are leaving soon, (2 months!!!!), I've compiled a Top Ten list for Things to Do in Alaska in no particular order.
1. Camp & Visit Denali National Park
2. Camp & Visit Kenai Fjords & Seward
3. Walk on a Glacier (Worthington Glacier) ... or Under One (Mendenhall Glacier)
4. Hold Extremely Large Marine Life (King Crab, Cod, Salmon, ...)
5. Eat Moose
6. Enter the Artic Circle
7. Say Hello to the North Pole. (Nice to remind children about positive and negative consequences).
8. See & Survive Wildlife Encounters with Bears (Black, Polar, Grizzly), Reindeer, Moose, Whales, Orcas, and SeaLions.
9. Visit Glacier Bay and watch glaciers float along the Pacific.
10. Watch the Aurora Borealis (This is the least likely thing to happen on our trip because it will be during the summer and therefore it's hard to watch the Northern Lights when the sun doesn't set).