Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Day 4 in Alaska - Midnight Sun Run

If you've been following my Facebook posts, you've probably noticed posts about mileage. I've been preparing for my first 10K race EVER. It was the Midnight Sun Run, which takes place on the summer solstice (when the sun doesn't set) in Fairbanks, Alaska. In fact, this will have been my first race since I ran track in 8th grade. So in other words... a very very very long time ago.


The others in the wedding party racing were all (at one point in time) cross country runners in high school. The exception being Corrie's parents who would be walking with Eva's 2 children. So there was a bit of pressure to do well.

We didn't begin when the cannon blasted and the clock started, as we were waiting for the rest of our party to show up. As a result, our time is off by about 10 minutes.




I used Hal Higdon's Couch to 10K running plan, which you can see by clicking HERE.

Since being on vacation I haven't returned to a weekly workout schedule, but I'm thinking of doing this Running II Plan, which you can see by clicking HERE. Still trying to decide.

Either way, I'm proud of myself and what I accomplished. I ran the whole 10K (6.2 miles) without stopping. Not even Brian can say that, even though he beat me.

This pretty much concludes Day 4, since we spent most of the day relaxing at Chena Hot Springs before the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment