Friday, October 28, 2011

A Fairy Fall Festival


In previous Halloweens I was able to get by with dressing Sophie up in whatever I chose or found. This year, oh no... she HAD to be Tinkerbell. No ifs, ands, or buts. She was going to go as Tinkerbell. Aunt Suzi who was sympathetic to her recent obsession decked out her room (which she now calls her Tinkerbell room) and purchased for her a Tinkerbell costume. She couldn't have been happier.

Now usually it takes Sophie a good 5 to 10 minutes to get out of bed in the morning. That doesn't include going potty, getting dressed, eating breakfast... this only entails getting out of the actual bed. So when I was running late this morning I was hoping Sophie wouldn't be her usual sluggish self. And luckily for me she was able to wear her costume today, so when I enter her room and ask if she's ready to get up and get dressed in her Tinkerbell dress, she hopped out of bed in seconds.

In addition to letting kids wear their costumes, they had their Fall Festival this evening. She was hesitant at first. Finally after finding Ms. Sharon (one of her current teachers), who coaxed her into a game and candy.

She settled in to doing the rest of the activities.

Even asked for Ms. Tasha to give her balloons at the Face Painting station.

I even informed her how it was important as a 1/2 Barton to do the Cake Walk. We unfortunately did not win cake, but I think it was because the Bartons were not all present and exerting the full force of 7+ upon the game. Perhaps next time....

She got to eat 1 candy (a packet of Skittles) before going to bed, where I hope she'll wake up forgetting about the rest of the candy in her bag. Really don't need a sugar overload.

No comments:

Post a Comment