Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Ciao Crib; Bonjour Bed


Sophie is two and a half years old and for the longest time she's slept in a crib, despite the fact that several of her fellow classmates/friends had long since forgone the crib and embraced a bed. So, with that in mind, I took it upon myself to spend time on Sunday evening converting her crib into a bed.

Her first night in bed, Sophie wasted no time in hopping in bed, then once I was gone, removing her diaper and sleeping a la nude. I went ahead and put the diaper back on her, but in the morning the diaper was once again removed.

The second night we had to go in several times after bed time to remind her that it was indeed bedtime. Instead of sleeping, she was up near her bookcase reading her books. After the 3rd time of lecturing her about the importance of sleep and staying in bed, she moved her 'library' to her bed and spent some time in her bed reading. She eventually fell asleep with the books by her feet.

The following night, Sophie decided she wanted Oscar to sleep with HER. I figured, why not? Bad idea. Sophie spent most of the night trying to cater to making Oscar comfortable. She picked up a blanket and pillow for him. Even had some books and stuff animals for his comfort. One of her stuffed animals, Duck, apparently caused some problems and found himself in the naughty chair. Perhaps he was the reason I caught her out of bed several times? Eventually, after hours without actually going to sleep, I escorted Oscar out of her room and her into her bed. Minutes later she was asleep sans Oscar.

No comments:

Post a Comment