The main thing I love about living in the Dallas-Fort Worth area is the library. Hands down my FAVORITE thing here (followed closely by a nearby On the Border restaurant). Not only are the libraries big, but they have multiple locations, which means... more options! I have yet to actually buy a book or movie since living in Dallas.
The King Speech? Library
Harry Potter 7? Library
Janet Evanovich? Library
I love it! Anyway, they are hosting a Summer Reading Program and the last time I was in one of those was when I was in elementary school. The last time I attended a Summer Reading program was to take/watch one of my younger siblings when I was in 8th grade to the Valley Center Public Library. So it's been awhile.
This year, Sophie and I are both participating in the summer reading program. The adults have one which every time you read a book your name gets entered in a drawing for a Nook. That is motivation enough for me! Sophie has a form and after she/I read 25 books, she will get a certificate and a prize. We even discovered a small niche in the library which has board books, so lately Sophie has been bringing home 5 books per trip. She'd bring back more, but I have to draw a limit somewhere. The funniest part is the books she picks out. Recently her book choices were: Vegetables in India, Teeth are not for Biting, Pacifiers are not Forever, and Go, Train, Go.
Hopefully everyone gets some time and opportunity this summer to read a good book!
For more information about the Texas Reading Program, click HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment