If you enjoy watching NBA games or live in Texas, you know that the Dallas Maverick's won their first championship this year. Typically I don't watch basketball. It's not that I don't get it (ball goes in hoop, score 2 or 3 points based on distance, get most points before time runs out), it's just that I've never really been big on basketball. Anyway, this year with the Maverick's going to the playoffs I found myself listening to the occasional sports news, and even watching a few of the playoff games! I'm not a total convert and I admit most of the game was not spent sitting in front of the tube with rapt attention to the players, scores, and plays. However, I did slightly get sucked in and enjoyed cheering for the "home team" (Mavericks) and Dirk Nowitzki. Even after they won, I was tempted to join the fans on Thursday, June 16th for the parade through downtown Dallas. However I'm not much for crowds, and I'd say with a documented 220,000 attending the parade that would definitely qualify as a crowd.
*Click HERE to here Dirk Nowitzki sing "We Are the Champions" at the Parade*
So without further ado, Congratulations Dallas Mavericks for winning the Championships, and for the ability to get me to watch more of your basketball games than I ever watched in college.
*Click HERE for Lebron James' song to Dirk Nowitzki*
No comments:
Post a Comment