Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Summer Reading Certificate

Although the due date on the reading program isn't due until the end of July, I took Sophie to the library to turn in her reading log and gather her prize. We had finished reading 25 books in perhaps 2 weeks.

When we got the library, I carried all of our books/movies/cds, and she proudly walked in with her blue reading log. I managed to persuade her to wait for me while I turned in our checked out items, and again when I asked her to pick out some more board books, before I would finally let her take her blue paper to the front desk. She was so proud to hand it over. The ladies asked her if she wanted a prize, to which she promptly answered "Yeah!".

However, the "prizes" I think seemed to confuse her. She got a certificate (shown here), a bookmark, a ticket to a swimming pool, a slip to enter a drawing to meet a Ranger baseball player, and a coupon to go to a Ranger baseball game in August. Oh... and an invite to an end of the Summer Reading program party.

The librarian mentioned we could continue to fill out book logs and that they would keep giving away "prizes" each time they were turned in. I know paper doesn't exactly excite Sophie, but when I mentioned one of them would let her go to the pool, she was ready to don her swimming suit and go swimming.

No comments:

Post a Comment