Texas, as many people know, borders the Gulf of Mexico, a place neither Brian, Sophie, or I had ever gone before. Both Brian and I have seen the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans; Sophie just the Atlantic, but never the Gulf of Mexico. So, with the Gulf so nearby (if you can call a 7 hour drive nearby) we decided to spend the week at and near Corpus Christi, TX.
As much as I wished the trip to be shorter than the 7 hours drive promised by our GPS, it actually took us longer as we had tire trouble south of Austin, TX. However, an hour later we had 4 new tires and were back on our way.
Our first day there (sans our evening arrival), was spent at Padre Island National Park. It was a beautiful beach. Clean and without jellyfish (something I couldn't exactly say about the beach along Corpus Christi).
While Sophie was not quite sure about the waves, she did enjoy building sand castles with her dad.
We did try to coax her into the water, but she didn't get much more than the soles of her feet wet.
However, later she would get more comfortable with the water. But digging up sand and making sand castles continued to be a favorite beach time activity for her throughout the trip. But later, they would get occasionally replaced by a boogie board.
No comments:
Post a Comment