Saturday, June 18, 2011

Typical Sun Scortching Summer in Dallas

Many reading this are not Texans and frankly neither am I. And everyone knows that summer is hot in Texas, because based on science and geography lessons, Texas is closer to the equator, therefore closer to the sun, than most US states. And I'm currently a veteran of South Arkansas and Western Kansas (as weird as that sounds Kansans understand what I mean) summers. But what do typical summer days look like in Dallas, TX?

According to Weather Channel's Hour by Hour Weather Forecast for Dallas, TX
June, 18, 2011

9 am 83 degrees Humidity 67% Feels like 88 degrees

10 am 86 degrees Humidity 61% Feels like 91 degrees

11 am 90 degrees Humidity 52% Feels like 95 degrees

12 pm 93 degrees Humidity 45% Feels like 98 degrees

1 pm 96 degrees Humidity 40% Feels like 101 degrees

2 pm 98 degrees Humidity 36% Feels like 102 degrees

3 pm 100 degrees Humidity 32% Feels like 103 degrees

4 pm 101 degrees Humidity 30% Feels like 104 degrees


5 pm 102 degrees Humidity 28% Feels like 104 degrees

6 pm 101 degrees Humidity 28% Feels like 103 degrees

7 pm 100 degrees Humidity 28% Feels like 101 degrees


This may or may not surprise you but geez it's HOT here! And this is just June! Not the hot months of July and August. In fact according to the calendar this is still considered spring till the 22nd.

2 comments:

  1. Okay Stacey! I have to beg to differ! It is HOT there.....we just spent a week and a half around Houston, but I also grew up in southern Arizona, and while it is HOTTTTT like you said, I would take it any day over 95 degrees with 98% humidity, which feels like 104.......you couldn't have forgotten how misearble that it....I still say southern AR wins the miserable race! :). And this talk about humidity there....I had to laugh because the news kept saying how humid it was while we were there, and Nate and I both mentioned it to each other at various points during our stay how
    nice it was to not have the humidity like AR!!!! I guess it's all perspective! Kati

    ReplyDelete
  2. True the humidity here is NOTHING compared to what Camden had! I remember going outside and my shirt would be soaked. But the tall trees did give you some shade from direct sunlight.

    ReplyDelete